School of Rock – Day 12 – Collaboration and Growth- Part 2

SUMMARY

We worked on our rooms as usual and then a guest speaker came and talked about game design correlating with music production.

LEADERSHIP ACTIVITY

• Me and Nayel collaborated on our lo-fi song and I learned that my singing shouldn’t be listened to anyone thats not myself.

Goal Page: Progress For Today

Nayel and I got our trap song up and running and we started with lyrics and the beat.

PRACTICE ROOM (GUITAR LESSONS)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=b2XXzcQhPvc%3Ffeature%3Doembed
  • I practiced some chords from online sources and youtube for the guitar.

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

• When we were making our song we found that I forgot to send Nayel the Zip file for the melody and drums so we had use the audio file which actually worked great!

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED)

• When making our lo-fi song we had trouble with finding the correct pitches for our song which was frustrating cause it took many tries for us to be satisfied with the end result.

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

• Me and Nayel were not very focused on the first part of the day so on our first break we had to do a couple laps around the school to, “get our creative brain juices flowing.”

STUDIO (SONGWRITING)

• We wrote most of the lyrics for our 2 songs for the final project which was a great relief because we were behind schedule in the first part of the day.

CONTROL ROOM (RECORDING & MIXING)

• We mixed many of the vocals and beat part of our project for the stuff we had so far.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

• I learned that I can’t sing very well and that I definitely need more practice with that sort of thing.

TODAY’s ACTIVITY EVALUATION

0 Replies to “School of Rock – Day 12 – Collaboration and Growth- Part 2”